Flurry O' Fury

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Rebecca and I argue about very little. In fact, our marital life is filled with so much harmonious joy that many of you would retch with jealousy if you truly knew the extent of our bliss. That being said, we do have a rare spat from time to time, which is understandable. After all, Rebecca isn’t a perfect person.

Anyway, while our conflicts are few, we have had a disagreement over this blog. I see the blog as a personal expression that must be honest and forthright in order to be worthwhile. But she sees the blog as an egocentric venture capable of exposing the intimate details of our private lives. Our positions on the blog issue are very much opposed and possibly irreconcilable. So what to do?

Maybe there’s no clear answer to be had. But no matter what, I have to be true to myself. As such, I’ve decided that I’m not going to let my wife dictate the terms of this blog. After all, we’re equal partners in our relationship, so I have every right to be as frank as I feel necessary. If I want to write about what we ##### ## ###, I should be free to do so. Likewise, if her ######## ###### strike me as odd, I should be able to comment on it.

Granted, there are some truly embarrassing topics that should be kept out-of-bounds, like Rebecca’s ######## or my love of Sarah Brightman albums. But I feel that, as her husband, Rebecca should trust that I will keep certain matters confidential. Besides, I don’t think anyone would be interested in something like her ######## anyway. Lord knows she bores me to tears about the problem.

Anyhow, the point is that I’m going to say what I need to say. And if Rebecca has a problem with me writing about ### or her ##### ######, then she’s just going to have to deal with it as best she can, because I’m going to be my own man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home