Flurry O' Fury

Monday, June 20, 2005

Hola! And welcome to my blog.

Why a blog? Well, I look around the internet and I see that every other idiot has one, so I figured I'd fit right in. Plus, I'm a fair writer - I've written well enough in the past to have drawn regular paychecks for my work, so I think I can string a couple o' good blogs together. It's just been hard for me to focus on writing as a career what with practicing law, trying to get in shape, paying bills, doing laundry, and all the other little things that make up the doldrums of the day-to-day. So I figured a blog would be a low-impact forum where I could express myself without trying too hard. Besides, no one seems to be reading my Transformers erotica fan fiction.

Anyway, my first blog entry is all about my trip to Utah this past weekend. Rebecca & I went there to attend a Mormon wedding, which was great. Everyone formed an octagon around the bride & groom so that they could draw from our spirit. Then the Mormon priest put these really thick gloves on and rubbed their heads while chanting. At the end the couple laid down in a big pool of water and we all had to walk by and drink a cup of it, except I didn't drink any because I'm not Mormon and I don't think they're right for each other anyway. But the cake was fabulous!

All in all we found Utah to be very beautiful with its snow-capped mountains and sparkling lakes. I can see why the Mormons conquered it and tamed its native peoples with their Mormon laws and their Mormon spirits. We liked Utah so much that we're planning on returning for Christmas, or as they call it, Dia de Los Muermons. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home